Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Mission for Whiskey.


          This past Saturday night I decided to stay in. I thought I would take a seat on my roommate’s relatively busted lay-z-boy and watch “The Social Network.” I’ll have to thank Columbia Pictures for letting me borrow a DVD screener of this unreleased movie.

          My roommates and I were sitting around, eating food, and watching the movie together. I noticed my roommate Jack seemed very anxious. I could tell he was really looking forward to a night out on the town, filled with whiskey and partying. Unfortunately his bank account has been running a little low lately so he couldn’t afford to go out (it was the first time he would have to stay in since Y2K).
        
          “Man, do we have any booze in this house?” Jack asked very seriously.

          “I think there might be a bottle of wine lying around (over fermented by now) and some ALCOOL.” I answered.  “But now that I think about it, Lloyd (my other roommate) and I buried a bottle of whiskey in the yard... we were saving it for a rainy day.”

          “Really? Do you think I could dig it up and we’ll all share it?”

          “Yeah man, if you feel like digging it up it’s all yours. It’s in the backyard by the shed." I replied. 
[Just to make sure we were telling the truth Jack asked what kind of whiskey was it to both me and Lloyd. Luckily we both answered Canadian Club]


          Sure enough, Jack bundled up and off to the backyard he went. He brought a makeshift shovel with him, which was a knife taped to a golf club. Me and my three other roommates watched from the window as he trekked out into the snow, on a mission for whiskey. After 10-15minutes of what looked to be painstaking digging, I finally called him and let him know that he had been Punk’d.

          But, this time there was no Ashton Kutcher, and there was no bottle of whiskey. Just some laughs with the roommates on a Saturday night.

          Quote of the night: “I’d rather spend all night digging for whiskey that isn’t there, than drink ALCOOL.”- Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment